Wednesday 10 March 2021

Sir Douglas

 



Tomato Cherry Blossoms
&
a windful of lost strings


C 1975




it had always been there (for me)
when it was "the moor" it stood at the top
I saw it everyday ~ it was a kind of friend.

Then the moor was taken over by forestry, the area had ceased to be the "Picton Estate"





After forty years or so the forestry grew up
& then was "harvested"
I never knew whether or not it was a Douglas Fir, or a Scots Pine.
Whatever the empty land became a kind of wind tunnel & blew it over.





I had drawn and painted it previously, but felt that I wanted to make another stab at it.
I had some old transport Calendars from the late 60's which made great collage material, so I started there.







&
moved on to acrylics




John Hosking sadly missed.
Cleaning up after one wild evening
during a week of wild evenings involving four wild painters!
May 1981.


The clock changed


I had time on my hands and also a lot of varied shards of pottery, so, keeping me occupied in the evenings I constructed a mosaic mural for the kitchen.
For me it was a space that held quite a few memories but was quite empty.




1 comment: